If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
EH&S Safety Technician
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Full-Time/Contract/Intern
Required Education: Working towards a degree in Environment Health & Safety
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Risk management, Environmental and regulatory compliance
Job Code: HR2256
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a EH&S Safety Technician to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
- Must have discretion, confidentiality, and operate with high ethics and integrity.
- Able to build positive relationships and work collaboratively with others.
- Effective interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills with internal and external customers.
- Requires a good understanding of policies and procedures to operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to plan and prioritize, meet deliverables and targeted deadlines.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Working towards a degree in ES&S or equivalent in a related field and a minimum of 0 to 2 years’ experience.
- Hazwoper and DOT certifications, preferred
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: HR2256.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.