If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Director – Rice Business and Industry Affairs
Location: Midwest/Mid-South USA (Remote based)
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S., M.S. or equivalent
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Agricultural Sales or Account Management, Marketing/Product Management
Job Code: CO2283
Are you a leader looking for a dynamic opportunity in the US Rice Industry and have a drive for Innovation in Biotechnology and Commercialization of agricultural products?
We are seeking a multifaceted individual to lead a cross functional team to launch and commercialization Cibus rice traits.
As we prepare to bring innovation to the US Rice crop, Cibus has an immediate opening for Director, Rice Business & Industry Affairs.
The successful applicant will oversee all aspects of the Cibus rice trait launch team including partner licensing, trait product positioning, industry liaison and working closely with internal research and development colleagues. This position will serve as the face of Cibus with the external rice industry and licensing partners and lead Commercial rice trait activities.
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
- Build and lead a cross functional rice trait launch team.
- Partner with R&D, Trait Delivery, and Commercial leadership to align both short term rice trait strategic objectives and tactical plans.
- Negotiate and manage Partner license agreements for Cibus rice traits.
- Build and maintain effective rice industry networks and relationships.
- Develop an annual rice trait business and marketing plan that includes the competitive trait marketplace.
- BS/MS in agriculture, business, or a related field.
- Well-developed knowledge of mid-south USA field crop production practices with knowledge of rice production being desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with crop input distribution or retail networks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams of direct and indirect reports.
- Product management or project management experience an asset.
- Well-developed relationship and account management abilities with highly developed influencing skills and negotiation skills.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organization.
- A strong collaborator who can work across diverse teams to drive projects to completion and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix structure.
- Ability to build effective industry outreach plans that establish Cibus trait advocacy.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who is results oriented.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: CO2283.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.